Heavy Track Preview [trance] Heavy Track Preview [trance]

Not bad. Has some potential!

I'm happy when i clicked on the link i didn't hear some shitty eurotrash.
This is actually some pretty tight psytrance.
The bass sidechaining sounded a little bit off at the start of the drums, but with the hats and claps sounded good.
Please check out my stuff too! I've got electro house, trance, whatever :D

GodBlock responds:

I know what you mean, everything on here sounds the sAmE[head]

I'll definitely check out your stuff but right now I need to bed.

Thanks for the review :D glad you like

PS I checked out some of your stuff ITS FUCKING WICKED!!

Nostalgia In Space (NG Cut) Nostalgia In Space (NG Cut)

woahwoahwoahwoahwoah!!

What do we have here...
We have one of the greatest progressive house tracks that I've heard on newgrounds.
I think a slightly longer kick would be good, and a slightly stronger bass.
Nice structure for a radio edit.
Otherwise. awesome :D
10/10

BrokenCrossfader responds:

see 2nd edit on my youtube page :) thanks for listening!

{dj-N} Theory of Everything XL {dj-N} Theory of Everything XL

Oooh nice!

You should consider making a DJ-friendly mix.

Nice sidechaining, loved it. Not really sure why you used triplets, but, well... that just might be your type of style. Sounded celtic lol.

Also, I think this goes more under House rather, than Trance... your choice. And that low pass filter at 3:40 was impressive.

Otherwise, it was very fresh, very unique... 9/10.

{Fly In The Sky} (NG cut) {Fly In The Sky} (NG cut)

Hmmm... It's a bit too much sidechaining?

Dunno, maybe it's just me, but I think the sidechaining's a little bit on the intense side.
The sounds were excellent, harmonies were beautiful, and was mixed in superbly.
Maybe put a bass pad in the fills? It would probably make it sound more "full" in the areas without the kicks.

You chose an excellent tempo. I think Newgrounds needs more of this 125-135 BPM stuff. The audio portal is STUFFED with hardcore 160 BPM (AND UPWARDS!!) music.

And also, the claps were a little thin? Maybe layer it with a snare?
This is just all my opinion towards Trance music.

I enjoyed it, and I approve this message. *thumbs up*

Yust responds:

If I remember my tempo was around 132... and my clap is too sidechained.

YES, NG needs more of slow tracks. I totally agree. thanks for the review! :)

TM3 - Purple TM3 - Purple

Nice. Techno I think?

It's about 10 BPM slower than most trance songs, so I think it's safe to call this Techno music. I like how you filtered the piano at the start.

I thought it was weird about half way through that you had a kick on every second beat, but in a way it was unique. Near the end, you had a snare on every beat. This destroys the whole upbeat feel, so don't do it.

Maybe next time, make a more complicated harmony, and use more auxilliary/passing notes in your melody. If, like me, you studied music theory, you should be able to understand this.

In terms of EQ-ing and mixing, I didn't think it was too bad. Maybe a bit less on the lows?

Overall, it should be a tad more interesting. Maybe add strings/pads?

Great work, considering it was one of your first tracks.

Breakdown Test Breakdown Test

Pretty neat.

You gave me a review, so I'll give you one:
-Breakdown was awesome!! I like how it just went straight into a dubsteppy-ish beat.
-I don't know about all the melodical and harmonical parts... it seems a bit weird.
-The kick was a bit annoying. Maybe soften the distortion a bit.

Other than that, that was pretty sweet.

LiNaK37 responds:

"I don't know about all the melodical and harmonical parts... it seems a bit weird."

Well most of my songs are unbearably weird so I guess it's good you only find one part weird with this one

ParagonX9 - Chaoz Airflow ParagonX9 - Chaoz Airflow

Amazing!

Drums, bass, harmonies and melodies were all well balanced. It overall was really interesting, from the detuned sawtooths to the vibrato hi-pulse-wave melody. I like how you automated routed cutoff frequencies. The change in colour at 1:51 was really soothing, and the bell and chime sounds were too. Use of reverb was superb. Possibly the best out of your 6 Chaoz songs.
Keep up the good work, and I look forward to listening to more of your music!

10/10, 5/5, downloaded, faved. *thumbs up*

Feels Like Meh (NG Cut) Feels Like Meh (NG Cut)

Perfect!

You are up there with all the pros. This is one of the best progressive house tracks I've ever heard! I really like your type of style. It was all layered perfectly. Good old side-chain crompression. :D

You should be selling this stuff man! I look forward to hearing more stuff from you.

Tetris Remix [Final] Tetris Remix [Final]

Nice!

I liked the beat, and all the different layered melodies. This sounds a LOT different
from other Tetris remixes, in a good way, of course.

I suppose you used VipZone samples, right?

sonic colours sonic colours

Great use of major chords and drums!!

I first heard this song in Evolution Squared. I was utterly amazed by it. Very, very interesting, and I especially liked the vinyl sounds. Harmonies were very pretty, and original too. So beautiful, so relaxing. One of my favorite songs on NG.
You genuinely surprised me too!
10/10, 5/5, downloaded!!